Terms and Conditions
NOTICE: These terms and conditions contain important legal information.
A.The DIC Online Auctions is a trade outlet for primarily salvage or total loss vehicles. Accordingly, prospective buyers are strongly advised to avail themselves to the opportunities given to personally inspect the Vehicle and/or seek professional guidance before the online auction. No warranty is given in relation to quality, safety or use or any other characteristic regarding the Vehicle.
B.Bidding is subject to prior registration and acceptance of the terms and conditions of usage. You are responsible for all actions taken under your user ID. Your user ID is not transferable and you should not allow others to use it. DIC reserve the right to terminate or suspend your account at any time and without notice or cause if it is suspected that you have engaged in, or have in any way been involved in or linked to any activity which is prejudicial to DIC, this website or proper conduct of an online auction.
C.All images/descriptions are the copyright of DIC and may not be reproduced without written consent.
D.By submitting a bid, a prospective buyer agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. It is the responsibility of the prospective buyer to check our terms and conditions each time they wish to bid or access this website.
- Where an image of the Vehicle is available, it merely provides a visual depiction of the Vehicle and you should not rely upon the image as providing in any way an accurate or full depiction of the state or condition of the Vehicle whether at the time of sale or at any time after the photograph is published.
- All Vehicle are sold with all faults and imperfections and errors of description. Buyers should satisfy themselves prior to sale as to the origin, description, suitability, age, durability, completeness, operability, mileage, state and condition of each Vehicle and should exercise and rely on their own judgment as to whether the Vehicle accords with any description and/or suitability for the buyer's purpose. DIC is not responsible for errors of description or for the genuineness or authenticity of any Vehicle, no warranty is given by DIC.
- DIC have absolute discretion without giving any reason to refuse or reject any bid, to withdraw any Vehicle from the auction and in case of dispute to put up any Vehicle for auction again. No responsibility is accepted by the auctioneers for any loss or costs incurred in respect of any action taken by the DIC under this condition.
- DIC may place a reserve price (i.e. a hidden minimum selling price) on any Vehicle. The winning bidder must meet or exceed the reserve price and have the highest bid.
- By making a bid the buyer warrants and represents that he has the legal right to do so and that a successful bid will create a legally binding contract.
- Subject to these conditions, the highest bidder shall be the buyer. Any dispute as to any bid shall be settled at the DIC’s absolute discretion.
7.1 By prior arrangement with the DIC, payment of any outstanding monies for auctions may be made as follows:
7.1.1 cash; or cheque; or
7.1.2 banker's draft; or
- credit/debit card.
- The ownership of the Vehicle purchased shall not pass to the buyer until he has made payment in full to DIC of the purchase price with cleared funds. In case the buyer failed to pay the purchased price within three working days following the award the buyer will no longer be eligible to buy and also be committed to the company to pay a fine of (5%) of the value of the bid.
- The buyer shall at his own expense take away the Vehicle purchased not later than 4.00 p.m. on the next working day after the day of the auction but not before payment in cleared funds to DIC of the purchase price. The buyer shall be responsible for any removal, storage and insurance charges on any Vehicle not taken away within 2 working days after the date of the auction.
- DIC may accept bids from parties unable to place bids online. But their bids will be shared online for transparency.
- To the maximum extent permissible in law, in no event shall the DIC, nor any of its directors, servants, affiliates, agents or other representatives be liable for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages whatsoever, including without limitation damages for loss of profits or any other pecuniary or other loss whatsoever arising from or in connection with the use misuse or inability to use our website or otherwise under or in connection with any of these terms and conditions.
- No agent or staff of DIC has the authority to vary or agree any variations to these terms.
- Except as expressly provided herein, these terms and conditions are not intended for, nor shall they be for the benefit of or enforceable by any third party.
- The Vehicle are offered for sale within Qatar and these conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Qatari law. All transactions to which these conditions apply and all connected matters shall also be governed by Qatari law.